Building on a legacy of advanced medical science
From its inception in 2010, Sunovion has focused on building its global infrastructure, throughout North America and Europe in particular, to broaden the availability of current and future medicines.
Sunovion has reinforced its track record of bringing new therapies to people with serious psychiatric and neurological conditions, including treatments to address schizophrenia, bipolar depression, and partial-onset seizures associated with epilepsy. We pioneered a unique approach to discovery in the CNS space based on a systems neurobiology platform that facilitates rapid clinical development.
Sunovion has developed and supported leading advocacy programs, working with national advocacy partners in the U.S., and has also supported hundreds of other advocacy events held regionally in the U.S., as well as in the U.K., Europe, and Canada.
Sunovion proudly supports hundreds of employees donating thousands of volunteer hours to the local communities in which we live and work.
- U.S. FDA approves Kynmobi™ (apomorphine hydrochloride) sublingual film for the treatment of OFF episodes associated with Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Sunovion Hands On! Annual Community Service Program contributes more than 30,000 employee volunteer hours in 439 projects in eight years to community organizations and relief efforts
- U.S. FDA approves lurasidone for the treatment of bipolar depression in pediatric patients (10 to 17 years of age)
- Sunovion Hands On! Annual Community Service Program contributes more than 25,000 employee volunteer hours in 415+ projects in seven years to community organizations and relief efforts
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe completes its second partnership with Angelini providing commercialisation rights for lurasidone for the treatment of adult schizophrenia in 29 European Countries and Turkey
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe agrees to transfer the Marketing Authorisation for lurasidone for the treatment of adult schizophrenia to Angelini
- Lurasidone for the treatment of adult schizophrenia is launched in Italy
- U.S. FDA approves lurasidone for the treatment of schizophrenia in adolescents aged 13 to 17 years of age
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe receives a Bronze level accreditation for Investors in People
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe builds a European organisation using a ‘Hub and Spoke’ model with the hub based in London
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe establishes commercial teams in Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
- Lurasidone is launched in Sweden and Finland
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe completes its first partnership agreement with NewBridge for distribution of lurasidone in the Gulf Cooperation Council Region
- Sunovion completes acquisition of Cynapsus Therapeutics and its product candidate designed to address OFF episodes associated with Parkinson’s Disease
- Sunovion marks its fifth anniversary
- All Wales Medicine Strategy Group (AWMSG) recommends lurasidone for the treatment of adult schizophrenia for adult schizophrenia patients in Wales
- The marketing authorisation for lurasidone for the treatment of adult schizophrenia for the European Union and Switzerland transfers back to Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma from Takeda
- Sunovion receives Corporate Leadership Award from The JED Foundation for efforts in mental health
- European Commission grants Marketing Authorisation for lurasidone for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults. In Europe lurasidone was licensed to Takeda and the commercialisation rights were retained by Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe in the UK
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe begins commercialisation of lurasidone in the U.K. for treatment of schizophrenia
- Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) recommends lurasidone for adult patiets with schizophrenia in Scotland
- The U.S. FDA approves lurasidone as monotherapy and adjunctive therapy with lithium or valproate in adult patients with major depresive episodes associated with bipolar I disorder (bipolar depression)
- Sunovion’s U.K. subsidiary becomes Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe
- Switzerland approves lurasidone for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults
- Sunovion launches annual Hands On! community service program to give back where employees live and work
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. is established following the integration of Sepracor Inc. and Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma America, Inc., former U.S. operations of Sunovion’s parent company Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
- The U.S. FDA approves lurasidone for the treatment of adult patients with schizophrenia